Thread: rFactor help

rFactor help

I just installed rFactor, and I have some questions.

I first installed the Formula_One_2005_by_CTDP_V1.2 mod. When I start the game with the desktop icon, it starts up with the F1 mod. I don't see any where to get to the original cars and tracks when I first started it up. How are the mods for rfactor supposed to work? Are they supposed to create additional icons, or can you select within the game? The PDF manual doesn't seem to mention anything about it, so I'm not sure.

Then I loaded the rF_Nascar_Mod.exe which created a whole new subdirectory file system in the directory where I fired up the exe. Kinda strange. I made a shortcut of the rfactor exe in that directory, and it DOES fire up the NASCAR mod. I got everything set and start to the test track. I get about half way around, and the game locks...it takes a reset to get my system back. I wonder if I have the right mod or if I installed it right.

To get to other mods, when you are at the main screen click on customize, then on player, then click on racing series and it will show you the different mods..........When you extract the rFactornascar mod, make sure you are extracting it in the main page of rFactor, it will create a new icon as if it is a game running by itself....Let me know if this works or if you have more questions.....

Thanks, I see how to change to the other racing seasons under the "player" settings.

As far as the NASCAR, it doesn't work that way right? Like you said it's a separate icon. Now I had to create a shortcut when I installed it. It didn't create one on its own. It's not in the Programs list, and it's not in the "Add/Remove software" list either. It does have an uninstall.exe in that directory, so I'm going to delete it and reinstall. I don't remember it asking me where I wanted it installed, so I'm not sure why it's on my "E" drive. (other than that's where the mod exe was)

Do you have a link to the download site of the NASCAR mod, so I can be sure I have the right one? I got it at the NROS site - when it installs, it looks like Italian. Is that where I tell it to install in the C:\Program Files\rFactor directory?
    Last edited by psychodad; 02-10-2007 at 04:41 PM.

http://www.nros.org/nascar/index.php

I think I may know what the problem is.....it should self install

After install you have to copy your player profile from rFactor into Nascar....

Quote Originally Posted by psychodad View Post
    Thanks, I see how to change to the other racing seasons under the "player" settings.

As far as the NASCAR, it doesn't work that way right? Like you said it's a separate icon. Now I had to create a shortcut when I installed it. It didn't create one on its own. It's not in the Programs list, and it's not in the "Add/Remove software" list either. It does have an uninstall.exe in that directory, so I'm going to delete it and reinstall. I don't remember it asking me where I wanted it installed, so I'm not sure why it's on my "E" drive. (other than that's where the mod exe was)

Do you have a link to the download site of the NASCAR mod, so I can be sure I have the right one? I got it at the NROS site - when it installs, it looks like Italian. Is that where I tell it to install in the C:\Program Files\rFactor directory?
    I installed it too, directing it to my rFactor directory. It installed itself into the folder where I originally downloaded it to. I had a heck of a time finding it. I also noticed the Italian.

Also had the same thing happen with the BMW mod seemingly taking over Rfactor when I fired it off. With this thread I now understand how to change between the original game and installed mods, whew I was wondering what happened to rFactor.

Thanks, I think I got it. I just copied
    C:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\Psycho_Dad_OSG
    to
    C:\Program Files\rFactor\rF Nascar Mod\UserData\Psycho_Dad_OSG

after the instal

I guess my main problem was the initial instal said "E" drive (because that's where the mod.exe file was) and since it was in italian, I didn't even notice it was not going to the C drive.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: tombstoneOSG
    Glad to see you got the CD today. The RFNASCAR Mod is one of the only I have seen that creates a seperate full directory. All the others I downloaded install to and run from within the main rfactor program.

If the reintsall does not fix the lock up be sure to try different tracks and different mods to see if it is only 1 mod or 1 track causing the problem. Hopefully we can find some answers for you and Tort.

']['
    ']['

It locked up again on a different track. It's only on the test runs though. When I did the race weekend, it worked ok.

One thing though...on the straits the other cars just walk away from me and the pedal is on the floor. I guess there's a lot to learn about this one.

Hope you guys don't mind a "Psycho" on the tack!

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: tombstoneOSG
    One nice thing you will find is the willingness to share good setups. Some of it may be gearing or aero. Depending on the track someone should have a setup that feels good for you driving style and fast enough to be competitive. Just be sure to return the favor when you get us left turn'ers in the F1 cars.

']['
    ']['

You got it Tomb! Well, as soon as I can set up my F1 Car to make ONE lap around without spinning out! It's been a while since I raced, and I remember finding the right setup was the whole key for F1. Not only the "garage" stuff like fuel load and downforce, but the combination of driving aids (traction control, brake assist, etc) were key.

For my F1 Challenege 99-02 game (made by ISI and looks very similar to rFactor BTW) I downloaded a great set of set-ups that helped a lot. I'll have to see if I can find some for CTDP 2005. Also, the CTDP mod looks to be pretty good, it may be the one to go with for F1. DJ found the Formula BMW which looks good, and there are probably other open wheel mods easier to drive. I'm going to keep trying to work with CTDP in the meantime.

Now to get some time to play!

Quote Originally Posted by psychodad View Post
    One thing though...on the straits the other cars just walk away from me and the pedal is on the floor. I guess there's a lot to learn about this one.

Hope you guys don't mind a "Psycho" on the tack!
    I know what you mean. I was playing around in the BMW mod and thought I had improved my lap times considerably. Then I added AI drivers and they left me looking like I had the rev limiter on. This mod by the way looks to be a good one for the "left turners" as it is modeled after a driver development series where all the cars are essentially identical to start, like formula Ford. Not too fast, but still challenging enough to have lots of fun I think.

I am still playing around with the game in general to get seat time before I start playing around with set-ups. I wonder if I can buy off road tires for the open wheelers? Sure would help all those off track excursions...LOL