Thread: Cheap gaming system needed....

Cheap gaming system needed....

Hey guys, I have a friend who's system just went to crap on him. Unfortunately, he does not have much money.. So i wanted to hit you guys up to see if you might have an recommendations on a cheap gaming rig. Or, if you have an older system that simply needs an upgraded or two.... that might be good as well. Im just trying to keep him going with what little money he has. Im waiting for him to respond with a price range, but I thought I would hit you guys up first to see if you knew any cheap routes to go or maybe you have something on hand that can help him out.

What games is(are?) he wanting to play?

If it's BF3, or MW3, we might be able to narrow down what type of processor and video card he would need. Once we find out the budget, I'm sure we could come up with a solution.

Other questions:
    Does he have a case? PSU? What parts do we have that work that we can use in the new system?

If his system stopped working, what are the symptoms? Does it have power but wont POST? Could it be a PSU, CPU, or RAM problem?

Does he have full coverage on his car or is it just liability coverage? Is his IRA a rollover account? What is his favorite color?

So many questions...

The artist formerly known as Mr. Purple.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: OSGNinja Steam ID: OSG_Ninja
    Depends on what version of cheap you're talking about. I have a complete Dell system here for $100 but the only games you'll be playing are the built in Windows games or browser based games.

Thanks guys, the game he is looking to play is New MMO called "Star Wars The Old Republic". It's to be released on Dec 20. I appreciate the feedback, but it looks like he convinced his wife to get another PC.